If you're like me, you likely have lots of kids in a bunch of different stages of their lives. So what do you do with the kids that aren't really school-aged that still need some quality entertainment? How do you get through a school day without guilt over "ignoring" the youngest?
Now don't get me wrong, I don't really ignore him! He would never stand for that. Lol. But it's a lot of "sure, you can have some more chocolate milk." And "here, why don't you color this picture for mama?" Or "I'll set up a train track for you in a minute."
I want this year to be different and that's why I've come up with a list of things to do with him while the others are schooling. :) I'm hoping that by sharing this, someone out there will get some wonderful ideas for their own little ones.
Websites with fun games for little ones:
Free Curriculum Sites for the littles, some with printables:
5. http://www.enchantedlearning.com/categories/preschool.shtml (some free content)
Craft ideas that are preschool friendly:
A few open and go ideas for preschoolers:
1. Playdoh (add cookie cutters and other fun stuff to make this last a whole 15 minutes instead of just 10, lol)
2. water paints
3. coloring books/pages
5. new books
6. math manipulatives
Some messy ideas:
1. shaving cream art on a table
2. sidewalk chalk with water (makes the chalk look/feel different when drawing)
3. make your own colored bubbles to use outside
4. finger paints