Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Free Charlotte Mason/living books/hands-on History Curriculum: Year Three, Term One of Three

**Updated 5/21/13**

For the past several months, I've been searching and searching for the perfect-for-our-family History curriculum.  There are a TON available out there that I would LOVE to try out too! But they are a bit expensive for our family and I already have lots of awesome stuff here at my house or available through my local library.

And that's when this curriculum guide was born.  Inside, you'll see that I've broken the term down into 12 weeks and scheduled books that I already own or can easily get for free.  I used many different resources to put this together, all of them free, including some books from the Simply Charlotte Mason site, some that Sonlight and My Father's World use, and the Story of the World/History of US list on redshift.com. I chose the ones that I thought my kids would like and that I thought I would like teaching.  I also added some fun activities, video links, and broke down the Hands-on History series ($1 during the Dollar Days through Scholastic Teacher Express) to fit in with our lessons each week.

I hope you enjoy it! :)

The link:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1QxG4LMyj4UMVdrLVZiRlBOam8/edit?usp=sharing




No comments: