Thursday, June 6, 2013

Free Charlotte Mason/living books/hands-on History Curriculum: Year One, Term One

It's finally here! I've finished the first of three terms for the study of Ancient History! :)

This particular term is focused primarily on Ancient Egypt.  There are several chapters scheduled in Story of the World 1 which are not directly related to this topic though.  I have kept them in there and scheduled other Ancient Egypt readings, activities, and videos.

Here's the link for that:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1QxG4LMyj4UUGRlamxNbGJ4Vjg/edit?usp=sharing

I also have an Artistic Mapping of Ancient Egypt scheduled in there.  This is my own map creation...hopefully you all like it.  If not, simply disregard it.  You don't have to feel pressed to use it. ;) I thought it'd be a fun way to reinforce some of the concepts for the younger crowd. You can add more to it if you wish.  I'd add some cities, of course. I don't have a picture of those in there.

Here's the link for that:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1QxG4LMyj4UZVA1Z0tJX1kzYTA/edit?usp=sharing

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Thank you SO much for sharing this! I am using a lot of it with my kids this year (5th and 6th grades) and I linked to it in my blog :)
http://fromschooltohomeschool.blogspot.com/

Kristi26 said...

You're so very welcome! I'm glad you are enjoying it!! :)

LovemyARC said...

Hi, I have been searching the Internet for an Ancients program and I stumbled upon your blog. It looks very doable and well-laid out. I was wondering if it still being updated or completely done. There are a lot of Internet links and in one spot you mentioned about wanting to add more activities. I saw that there hasn't been any info added since 2013, but I love that it is for all ages and Christian-based. I will have a 1st, 4th and 7th grader next year. Thank you for putting this together,