Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Draw. Write. Now. Book Review!

I first saw these books this past year at a homeschooling convention and thought my daughter would love them! Draw. Write. Now. is a series of eight books that teach kids how to draw while also giving them interesting facts to copy in their best handwriting!

The grades it's geared toward is first to second, but I also have a fifth grader and an eighth grader who've enjoyed some of the drawings (like the ones in book two teaching them to draw Columbus's ships).

One of my favorite things about this series is that it has gotten my daughter interested in something in school.  She has struggled with enjoying her school time since she was in kindergarten regardless of what we did.  But with this book, she actually asks to work on it and likes it!

When I got the books home, I knew I needed somewhere to put all of her drawings so I got on Pinterest to see if anyone had made any notebooking pages related to them.  Sure enough, there they were!  Here's a link for you to get your own free pages: http://www.1plus1plus1equals1.com/DrawWriteNowPrintables.html

The great thing about these free printables is that you can print a copy that has blank spaces to fill in each word or you can print one that has the words available to trace! So no matter where your child is with writing, they can work on these pages.

I really don't have a bad word to add about these books.  They get two thumbs up from me and my daughter! We'll be using them again next year as a fun supplement to her day.

No comments: